Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rep. Erik Paulson Backs HR1207 (Audit the Federal Reserve)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Congressman Erik Paulsen
Date: Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 6:46 PM
Subject: Responding to your message
To: freetheflamingo@gmail.com

Dear Jordan:

Thank you for letting me know of your support for H.R. 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act.

Like you, I am concerned about transparency and accountability issues surrounding the Federal Reserve. This is especially true at this time when the Federal Reserve is exercising the "unusual circumstances" authority it was given when established and expanding its balance sheet to over $2 trillion and possibly more.

That's why I am a cosponsor and supporter of H.R. 1207, which would provide for an audit of the Fed's books and expand public knowledge of the workings of the central bank, among other common sense reforms.

Thanks again for sharing your concerns, as I appreciate hearing from you. Please let me know whenever I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Erik Paulsen
Member of Congress

Click Here to Sign Up for Email Updates

My wish for Paulson's backing has come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment